It’s a chilling thought to brave the winter weather for your engagement session, but the resulting photos are absolutely stunning. The reflective light that the white snow brings, creates super flattering skin tones and adds a beautiful sparkle to your eyes!
Here are some of our top tips for beautiful winter engagement photos:
- Be Smart About Your Wardrobe. If you’re planning to wear a dress, choose a full length dress that you can wear tights under to keep you warm. If you don’t have sleeves, bring a pashmina, a fir drape or coat, or stylish winter coat. Even if you want to try a few photos without the coat/ scarf, it’s really nice to have it with you to stay warm between shots.
- Bring cozy boots to slip on and off in between photo spots. You may like the *idea* of striking heels for your engagement look but your feet will hate you after! It may be icy and snowy so bring cozy boots that you can easily slip on and off to keep your feet warm and your heels in good shape.
- Be Mindful of Your Makeup. You will likely have naturally rosy cheese and nose, so you wont need any blush! Make sure your make-up artist knows that you’ll be photographing outside.
- Plan on an Early Start. Because the sun sets much earlier in the winter, our sessions will typically start around 3-3:30pm or earlier, unless you’re planning for a twilight shoot (after dark).
- Plan a Back up Date. The winter weather can definitely be unpredictable, so its important to plan another date with your photographer just incase!